CAR LINE INFO
NORTH HILLS PREPARATORY 2017-18 CAR LINE PROCEDURESAs a reminder, all directions communicated regarding car line must be followed. All staff instructions must be followed during car line. All drivers must be courteous to your fellow North Hills families. Above all, with everyone's cooperation, we will provide the safest circumstances possible for our scholars during car line.THANK YOU EVERYONE IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION!Here is some helpful info including maps for your convenience:
Car line drop off and pick up will inevitably be a slow process when almost 1,600 scholars are going to or leaving from the same location. Please prepare by reading all info below and reviewing the attached maps!
Three tips to improve your car line experience:
ARRIVE OUTSIDE OF HEAVY TRAFFIC TIMES.
The least amount of traffic during morning car line on a normal day is between 7:15-7:25 and 7:50-8:05. Primary students may arrive as early as 7:15. Secondary students may arrive at 7:15 but will be required to wait outside in the courtyard until the Main Gym is open at 7:45. In the afternoon, traffic for Secondary is much lighter beginning at 4:15 (3:00 on Weds or 1:00 on half days).
FOLLOW DIRECTIONS OF STAFF & VOLUNTEERS.
They have the “big picture” of the most efficient, safe car line process. Keep in mind they are outdoors during very uncomfortable weather conditions and can use your cooperation and smiles!
ABOVE ALL, BE PATIENT.
Set a good example for your child and others by promoting a safe and calm response to long wait times.
All-School (K-12) Car Line Info:
- Two lanes of cars may enter the campus. Once you approach the student drop off/pick up areas (see map), vehicles should merge into one lane along curb to proceed.
- If you are dropping off a student, pull forward as directed by staff until they signal students to exit your vehicle. If everyone cooperates fully, car line will go much quicker.
- Students should be prepared to immediately exit their vehicles when directed to do so. We understand this will be more difficult for younger students the first few days of school, so please arrive during times of less traffic to help alleviate traffic during car line.
- The left lane (except for Kinder drop off) is NEVER for dropping off/picking up students.
- NEVER exit your vehicle unless you are in a parking space. Parents are required to sign in their child in the office when arriving late to campus.
- Primary students being dropped off in the new lot (off Riverside) must be escorted by a parent or older sibling at parent's discretion. All students will be directed to the path to the main campus. Kindergarten students are must be dropped off in front of the Kinder building, as per regular car line procedures. All staff directions must be followed by scholars at all times. The new lot is not available for entry to the main campus. Vehicles must exit back onto Riverside. No left turn available when exiting onto Riverside; right turn only.
Secondary (6-12) Car Line Info:
- Middle/Upper school parents are NOT to arrive to pick up student(s) until after dismissal time at 4:00 (2:40 on Wednesdays). Middle/Upper school parents who arrive before 4:00 (2:40 on Wednesdays) will not be allowed to enter Primary car line.
- If you have students in Primary AND Secondary, you will pick up your Primary scholar, exit and wait off campus before returning after 4:00 (2:40 on Wednesdays) to pick up your Secondary student. There is parking in the shopping center near 7-11 as well as the business park on the west side of Riverside. Do not park in the Faculty/Student Parking Lots, or at the La Villita apartments to wait for your Secondary students. Parking at La Villita and pick up at La Villita is not permitted. Please be a good neighbor to our friends across the street!
Primary (K-5) Car Line Info:
· Kindergarten parents drop off your kindergarten student in front of Kindergarten building. Primary students are picked up in front of main Primary building.
· Keep your car line number in the window until all occupants have been loaded.
· Handheld cell phone usage is prohibited.
· If you are picking up a child in carpool who is enrolled in AfterCare you must e-mail the teacher so the child will be in carpool (and not Aftercare) ready for pick up. If you have not done that ahead of time and received confirmation, your child may be in AfterCare and cannot be picked up until 4:00.
· In the event you do not have your carpool numbers, you can get a temporary one from the office by showing a picture ID. Temporary carpool cards are only good for the date issued. In the case of a lost card you may order new ones for $2.00 each.
· Once you have picked up a child, that child must stay with you at all times. Children are not allowed to play on the grounds close to the buildings.
· When picking up at the back door, park in an appropriate parking space. Use the crosswalks. Show your carpool number(s) to the teacher/student on duty at the entrance on the south side of the Primary Cafeteria. Be sure to be safe and use the crosswalks back to your vehicle.
· If you have students in Primary AND Secondary, you will pick up your Primary scholar, exit and wait off campus before returning after 4:00 (2:40 on Wednesdays) to pick up your Secondary student. There is parking in the shopping center near 7-11 as well as the business park on the west side of Riverside. Do not park in the Faculty/Student Parking Lots, or at the La Villita apartments to wait for your Secondary students. Parking at La Villita and pick up at La Villita is not permitted. Please be a good neighbor to our friends across the street!
WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND PATIENCE!