Apply today for free and reduced price meals at www.schoolcafe.com
Please begin by clicking the link and filling out the Free and Reduced Meal Application by Friday, August 2nd. Each application helps with school funding so we would like all families to complete the Free or Reduced Meal Application. Your family could also receive a significant cost savings. Breakfast costs $1.60 per day; the price of lunch has changed for the 2019-20 school year to $3.25 for primary scholars and $3.55 middle and high school scholars. If your child qualifies, the reduced price is $.30 cents per day for breakfast and $.40 cents per day for lunch.
Please begin your meal process now at www.schoolcafe.com or contact our Child Nutrition Department at email@example.com or 469.398.0147 with questions about the online application.
Below you will find answers to common questions about the application for free and reduced meals
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen? You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced price meals
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child? Use one Free and Reduced Price School Meals Application for all students in your household. We cannot approve an application that is not complete, so be sure to fill out all required information.
- Should I fill out an application if I received a letter this school year saying my children are already approved for free meals? No, but please read the letter you got carefully and follow the instructions. If any children in your household were missing from your eligibility notification, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (469) 398-0147.
- My child's application was approved last year, do I need to fill out a new one? Your child’s application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year. You must send in a new application unless you have a letter saying your child is eligible for the new school year. If you do not apply or you have not been notified that your child is eligible for free meals, your child will be charged the full price for meals.
- I receive WIC, can my children receive free breakfast and lunch? Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced price meals. Please apply www.schoolcafe.com/
- If I don’t qualify now, may I apply later? Yes, you may apply at any time during the school year. For example, children with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.
- What if I disagree with the school’s decision about my application? You should talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to: email@example.com or (469) 398-0147
- What if my income is not always the same? List the amount that you normally earn. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes. If you have lost a job or had your hours or wages reduced, use your current income.
- What if some members of my household have no income to report? Household members may not receive some types of income we ask you to report on the application, or may not receive income at all. Whenever this happens, please add a 0 in the field. However, if any income fields are left empty or blank, those will also be counted as zeroes. Please be careful when leaving income fields blank, as we will assume you meant to do so.
- My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for? To find out how to apply for SNAP in Texas or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call 1-877-541-7905.
If you have other questions or need help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (469) 398-0147
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH ACCOUNT PAYMENTS WITH TWELVE OAKS
We ask that all new students fill out the lunch account application form that can be found at Lunch Room Application . All existing accounts will roll over from the previous year.
On-line breakfast and lunch payments can continue to be made through our partners at the DRX website. You can log in HERE. This lunch account software offers online viewing of accounts, ability to add money, and many other features to help monitor and control your child’s cafeteria account. You may also send money (check or cash) to the school for your child’s lunch account. This money is recorded for purchases of Twelve Oak's nutritious healthy food, prepared fresh daily.
The school code for all North Hills users is tocnhps (all lowercase) and your email will be your user I.D. You will create your own password.
If you wish to contact Twelve Oaks directly: phone 214-956-9797, fax 214-956-9825, and emails can be directed to email@example.com
PRIMARY BREAKFAST TIME IS FROM 7:15am - 7:30am and students must arrive in East Commons no later than 7:15am.
SECONDARY BREAKFAST TIME IS FROM 7:30am - 8:00am
August Lunch Menu
September Lunch Menu
October Lunch Menu
November Lunch Menu(Staring 11-11-19)
December Lunch Menu
January 2020 - Lunch Menu
VISITING DURING LUNCH
Due to limited lunch periods, visitors are generally not permitted. Parents must obtain prior approval from the Campus Director for any lunch visitation. Scholars with pre-approved lunch visitors may be asked to eat in a designated area away from their normal lunch area. Parents may only bring lunch for their child.
MIDDLE & UPPER SCHOOL LUNCH VISITATION:
Receive approval via e-mail from your child's Dean at least 48 hours in advance. You must bring a print out of the approval message from the Dean to the Front Desk when checking in as a visitor.
Students are not allowed to order lunch to be delivered to the school.
6-8th Grades: Shannon Oldham, Middle School Dean of Students firstname.lastname@example.org
9-12th Grades: Debbi Hargrove, Upper School Dean of Students email@example.com
Ask your student what time their lunch is on the day you will be visiting and verify the time lunch is for that particular day with the Dean when you contact her. Remember lunch times are different on Wednesdays.