Is My Child Eligible to Apply for Pre-K?
First, your child must meet the age requirement. He or she must be four by September 1, 2019.
Secondly, he or she must meet one of the following criteria:
- Limited English proficiency
- Economically disadvantaged
- Child of an active, deceased or injured member of the United States armed forces
- Has ever been in state foster care
- Has a parent or official guardian who is eligible for the Star of Texas Award
What documents do I need in order to verify eligibility?
- Birth certificate
- Immunization record
- Child’s social security card (if available)
- Proof of address
- Parent/guardian picture ID
- Proof of income/1040 Form (District staff can assist families needing additional documents)
When will I need to provide those documents?
Parents will be notified if their child is accepted to an Uplift Pre-K program. They will then be asked to attend a Pre-Attendance Conference (PAC) where they will need to provide the required documentation. If interested in full day Pre-K, a 1040 Form/Proof of income must be provided. If parents are unable to attend the PAC, individual meetings are scheduled to obtain all documents.
Currently the following dates are scheduled for PACs.
- April 27, 2019 – Uplift Luna, Uplift Peak and Uplift White Rock Hills
- May 4, 2019 – Uplift Infinity and Uplift Triumph
- May 11, 2019 – Uplift Grand, Uplift Meridian, and Uplift Mighty
- May 18, 2019 – Uplift Gradus, Uplift Heights and Uplift Wisdom