3rd through 5th Grade Online Learning
Online learning continues to evolve and improve at Uplift. Beginning March 20, 2020, online learning for 3rd through 5th grade will follow the following platform:
- Paper packets are being mailed home that will cover 6 weeks of school. If you have an updated mailing address from what you submitted in InfoSnap for re-enrollment, please reach out to your school leader. Packets will arrive late this week and potentially on Saturday.
- Uplift teachers will continue to post daily YouTube videos that align to the material in the paper packet for the day. You can be watching the YouTube videos this week even if you don’t have the packet.
- Your child’s science instruction will be supported through YouTube videos that are aligned to the science packets you will be receiving in the mail. If your scholar doesn’t have access to a computer/smart phone to watch the YouTube videos, they can still do the paper packets. This is a change from what was earlier communicated that campuses would be providing science instruction.
- Your child’s teacher/ school will reach out with additional ways that they will support your scholar. Teachers will also share how you can show them your child’s work from the packet so your child can get feedback on it.
- Your child’s school will also post videos for writing, specials classes like PE/art/music, and additional math and literacy videos.
- Your child’s school will also email you which online learning tools (such as Myon, RazKids, IXL, etc) that your child should use to get in extra practice during this time.
Additional Learning Resources
Educational TV Programming in Dallas
(schedules may vary)
Title Description Channel Time To Watch Sesame Street Series teaches kids numbers, colors, the alphabet PBS (KERA) 11:00 AM The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That Follow Nick and Sally on adventures as they travel the world with the Cat in the Hat PBS (KERA) 3:00 PM Sid the Science Kid Watch Sid work on science projects with his class PBS (KERA) 11:00 AM Cyberchase Using gadgets and following clues, this gang helps solve problems using math PBS (KERA) 5:00 AM, 5:30 AM, 6:30 AM Odd Squad Learn about problem solving while watching Odd Squad solve cases PBS Kids 7:00 AM, 5:00 PM WordGirl Increase your vocabulary by watching WordGiirl solve mysteries PBS Kids 4:30 AM, 8:30 PM Wild Kratts Science: wild animal adventures PBS Kids 7:30 AM, 4:00 PM Monster Math Squad Monsters who love math and use it to overcome everyday obstacles Qubo 3:00 PM, 3:30 PM Arthur Teaches kids how to deal with childhood challenges PBS (KERA) 4:00 PM, 5:30 PM Pinkalicious & Peterrific Creative adventures of Pinkalicious and Peterrific PBS (KERA) 8:30 AM, 11:30 AM Daniel Tigers Neighborhood Explore the neighborhood with Daniel PBS (KERA) 10:00 AM, 10:30 AM Martha Speaks Language and literacy learning PBS (KERA) 12:30 PM Super Why Stories retold differently PBS (KERA) 9:30 AM Fishtronaut Mission to restore coral reefs by building an underwater nursery to raise coral Qubo 5:00 AM Harry and his Bucket Full of Dinosaurs Based on the books of Ian Whybrow and Adrian Reynolds Qubo 6:00 AM Mike the Knight Mike learns the power of responsibility and how to do things the right way Qubo 4:00 PM
Online Learning and Enrichment